Thursday, June 1, 2017

Heaviness and Heartstrings

The first day of June. I am not feeling summery. I am not feeling free. Or light. Or any of the other things that go with summer. Although, I am feeling hot. Sweaty. Tired. That typically goes hand in hand with our summers down in South Florida.

Still feeling very emotionally stuck right now. Heavy.

Almost daily, I am confronted with situations that have me questioning the state of our world. People are so damn angry and hate filled. WHY?

I am also surrounded by amazingly kind people all of the time. People who are genuine. Compassionate. Simply caring individuals. Each time that we gather, our conversations usually are about ways that we can share our light in this angry world.

How troubling is it that sharing light, being kind and caring about others is a struggle rather than the norm?

THIS is where my head is.

I feel like a warrior. More now than I ever have. I know, deep down that I am changing this world. I am making a difference, be it ever tiny. What I do, this light sharing, helps somehow. Yet on days like this - in times like this - it's hard to focus on that flicker.

Where does one go? When you know change is coming but you are growing weary from the journey, where do you go?

Lately, the frustration is simply making me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment