I am never sick. Well hardly ever. But I am now. 4 days in and I can barely hold my head up enough to type this post. I have realized some things while laying in a snot induced coma though and I needed to share them with the internet.
I am mostly a recluse most days. As I get older, I crave alone time more than I crave time to interact with others. I don't feel that I am antisocial because in those moments that I am feeling like diving into social interaction, I LOVE people. I think that I just expect myself to NOT feel reclusive because of what I have chosen as my career path. I help people. That typically requires me to interact regularly. But when I have down time, I want to be alone.
As much as I hate social media because it brings out the worst in people, I love the connection that I have with the people in the world who are genuinely good. I am trying now to actively find ways to allow my circles to only be filled with those types and not the other. I should be able to dip my toes into the water on my public page while keeping my private feed filled with only those whom I want to see and interact with - right?
I am considering my TV watching habits. I have stated for months to my husband that I could live without it. I have given up network news. I do not watch politics on television. I get my weather forecasts from sources other than through my television. There are a few times lately though when hub and I have both collapsed onto our couch while tuning into some guilty pleasure. (IE: The Voice, Game of Thrones ect) I am not sure if we are ready to cut all those ties but the thoughts are certainly there more and more as of late.
Despite my feeling like a truck ran me over, I have barely given in to the typical sick girl whining behavior. My body needed a purge and a major break. The only way that I would give in to any of that (at least before now) was for me to be hit with the flu. The Universe knew that. I knew that. So when I was flattened on Sunday with this mess, I only briefly tried to fight where I knew I was headed. On Monday, there was minimal convincing needed to tell me that I needed to rest. Tuesday was easier yet. Wednesday has made me really put everything into perspective. So while snot induced and feeling like I have 500 bricks on my chest, I have indeed had some clarity. For that, I am thankful.
This is probably the least eloquent post that I have put up here since opening the doors to this place. See what snot can do for a gal?
Solitude is golden. I crave it myself. I am my best company. Yet, I love my family and friends. It's weird, but it's cool as hell too. Just own it. Love you.
ReplyDelete